Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UTAuthor(s): Will McWilliams; Gretchen Moisen; Ray Czaplewski
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-56CD. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 1 CD.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (33.0 MB)
DescriptionThese proceedings report invited presentations and contributions to the 2008 Biennial Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposia, which was hosted by the Research and Development branch of the U.S. Forest Service. As the only comprehensive and continuous census of the forests in the USA, FIA provides strategic information needed to evaluate sustainability of current forest management practices across all ownerships. Symposium papers cover high priority and timely issue-based topics, including climate change, wildlife, fire, bio-energy, geo-spatial extensions, monitoring over time, integrating remote sensing and GIS applications, statistical and related quantitative solutions to emerging needs, and many others
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcWilliams, Will; Moisen, Gretchen; Czaplewski, Ray, comps. 2009. Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-56CD. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 1 CD.
Keywordsclimate change, fire, disturbance, environmental monitoring, national forest inventory (NFI), assessments, remote sensing
- Minnesota's forest resources, 2008
- Wisconsin's forest resources, 2008
- Illinois' forest resources, 2008
XML: View XML