Skip to Main Content
EVALIDatorReports: Reporting beyond the FIADBAuthor(s): Patrick D. Miles
Source: In: McWilliams, Will; Moisen, Gretchen; Czaplewski, Ray, comps. Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-56CD. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 24 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (845 B)
DescriptionTools for analyzing data collected by the U.S. Forest Service's Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program are available in Microsoft Access© format. Databases have been created for every state, except Hawaii, and are available for downloading. EVALIDatorReports is a Visual Basic Application that is stored within each Microsoft Access© database containing FIA data for each state. EVALIDatorReports can generate reports for over 40 different types of estimates including forest area, number of trees, growing-stock volume, growth, removals, and mortality. The code for this Visual Basic Application can be viewed, modified, and extended. This approach provides advantages for users interested in creating customized data summaries utilizing external data and/or programs. The system does not require Internet access after the databases are downloaded to a personal computer. This paper contains one simple and three complex examples illustrating how items can be added to the list of classification variables or to the list of estimates within the EVALIDatorReports program.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiles, Patrick D. 2009. EVALIDatorReports: Reporting beyond the FIADB. In: McWilliams, Will; Moisen, Gretchen; Czaplewski, Ray, comps. Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-56CD. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 24 p.
Keywordsforest inventory, database, reporting tool, forest statistics
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2016
- Area change reporting using the desktop FIADB
- Computer programs for optical dendrometer measurements of standing tree profiles
XML: View XML