Skip to Main Content
Summary and findings of the 2006 BLM Forest Lands ReportAuthor(s): Tim Bottomley; Jim Menlove
Source: In: McWilliams, Will; Moisen, Gretchen; Czaplewski, Ray, comps. Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-56CD. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.03 MB)
DescriptionIn 2006, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) contracted with the Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis Program (FIA) to assist in the preparation of a report specific to all forest lands under the administration of the BLM. The BLM requested that the FIA provide information on the extent and general conditions of BLM- managed forests and woodlands, within certain statistical reliability parameters. The report focused on the 33 million acres of forest land managed by the BLM outside of Alaska by using data gathered from more than 2,500 FIA plots. The analysis included information on the extent of forest land (total acres of occurrence and general location), trees per acre, stand size, stand age, volume and biomass, basal area, stand density index (SDI), and number of snags (standing dead trees).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBottomley, Tim; Menlove, Jim. 2009. Summary and findings of the 2006 BLM Forest Lands Report. In: McWilliams, Will; Moisen, Gretchen; Czaplewski, Ray, comps. Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-56CD. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13 p.
Keywordsforest, inventory, FIA, BLM
- A report on the potential use of USDA Forest Service forest inventory and analysis data by the Bureau of Land Management
- Timber resource statistics for Oregon.
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2016
XML: View XML