Skip to Main Content
Florida's timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007Author(s): Tony Johnson; Jarek Nowak; Rhonda Mathison
Source: Resour. Bull. SRS--153. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 31 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.85 MB)
DescriptionIn 2007, volume of industrial roundwood output from Florida’s forests totaled 491 million cubic feet, 10 percent more than in 2005. Mill byproducts generated from primary manufacturers increased to 167 million cubic feet. Almost all plant residues were used primarily for fuel and fiber products. Pulpwood was the leading roundwood product at 237 million cubic feet; saw logs ranked second at 177 million cubic feet; composite panel production was third at 30 million cubic feet. Total receipts were up 10 percent to 506 million cubic feet. The number of primary processing plants totaled 69 in 2007 compared to 93 in 2005.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Tony G.; Nowak, Jarek; Mathison, Rhonda M. 2009. Florida’s timber industry—an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007. Resour. Bull. SRS–153. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 31 p.
KeywordsFIA, pulpwood, residues, roundwood, saw logs, veneer logs, wood movement.
- South Carolina's timber industry-an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
- South Carolina's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
Georgia's timber industry—an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
XML: View XML