Skip to Main Content
Kentucky’s timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007Author(s): Rhonda Mathison; Christopher Nevins
Source: Resour. Bull. SRS--154. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 31 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (909.97 KB)
DescriptionIn 2007, roundwood output from Kentucky’s forests totaled 186 million cubic feet, 3 percent less than in 2005. Mill byproducts generated from primary manufacturers decreased 5 percent to 90 million cubic feet. Seventy-seven percent of plant residues were used, primarily for fuel, miscellaneous, and fiber products. Saw logs were the leading roundwood product at 144 million cubic feet; pulpwood ranked a distant second at 25 million cubic feet; composite panels were third at 9 million cubic feet. The number of primary processing plants declined from 292 in 2005 to 253 in 2007. Total receipts declined 7 percent to 200 million cubic feet.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMathison, Rhonda M.; Nevins, Christopher G. 2009. Kentucky's timber industry—an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007. Resour. Bull. SRS–154. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 31 p.
KeywordsFIA, pulpwood, residues, roundwood, saw logs, veneer logs, wood movement.
- Virginia’s timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
- South Carolina's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
- North Carolina's timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
XML: View XML