North American Science Symposium: Toward a unified framework for inventorying and monitoring forest ecosystem resourcesAuthor(s): Celedonio Aguirre-Bravo; Carlos Rodriguez Franco
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-12. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fort Collins, CO USA. 533 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (61.0 MB)
DescriptionThe general objective of this Symposium was to build on the best science and technology available to assure that the data and information produced in future inventory and monitoring programs are comparable, quality assured, available, and adequate for their intended purposes, thereby providing a reliable framework for characterization, assessment, and management of forest ecosystems in North America. Central to the syntheses delivered in this Symposium was the conclusion that a fundamental improvement in the approaches used for inventorying and monitoring ecosystem resources is required to meet current and future environmental uncertainties. Specific actions were proposed to address these challenges. These strategic actions are described in the last chapter of these proceedings.
Individual papers from this publication
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAguirre-Bravo, Celedonio; Franco, Carlos Rodriguez, compilers. 1999. North American Science Symposium: Toward a unified framework for inventorying and monitoring forest ecosystem resources. Guadalajara, Mexico (November 2-6, 1998). Proceedings RMRS-P-12. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fort Collins, CO USA. 533 p.
Keywordsinventorying and monitoring, forest ecosystem resources, characterization, assessment, management
- Discussion of future cooperative actions and closing remarks
- Future of the Middle Rio Grande
- 1976 Inter-university symposium on renewable resource assessment and programming: executive summary
XML: View XML