Skip to Main Content
A proposed periodic national inventory of land use land cover changeAuthor(s): Hans T. Schreuder; Paul W. Snook; Raymond L. Czaplewski; Glenn P. Catts
Source: In: ASPRS Technical Papers. 1986 ASPRS-ASCM Fall Convention; September 28-October 3; Anchorage, AK. Falls Church, VA: American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. p. 255-264.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (554.61 KB)
DescriptionThree alternatives using digital thematic mapper (TM), analog TM, and a combination of either digital or analog TM data with low altitude photography are discussed for level I and level II land use/land cover classes for a proposed national inventory. Digital TM data should prove satisfactory for estimating acreage in level I classes, although estimates of precision may be unreliable. Either the digital or the analog TH combined with low-altitude photography (LAP) are expected to yield satisfactory estimates for most level I and level II classes. Reliable estimates of precision can be obtained for those classes where LAP is "truth".
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchreuder, Hans T.; Snook, Paul W.; Czaplewski, Raymond L.; Catts, Glenn P. 1986. A proposed periodic national inventory of land use land cover change. In: ASPRS Technical Papers. 1986 ASPRS-ASCM Fall Convention; September 28-October 3; Anchorage, AK. Falls Church, VA: American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. p. 255-264.
Keywordsinventory, land use, land cover, thematic mapper (TM)
- National land cover monitoring using large, permanent photo plots
- Changes in land use in western Oregon between 1971-74 and 1982.
- A Riparian Wildlife Habitat Evaluation Scheme Developed Using GIS
XML: View XML