Skip to Main Content
Hydraulic modeling analysis of the Middle Rio Grande - Escondida Reach, New MexicoAuthor(s): Amanda K. Larsen
Source: Fort Collins, CO: Colorado State University. 209 p. Thesis.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (4.49 MB)
DescriptionHuman influence on the Middle Rio Grande has resulted in major changes throughout the Middle Rio Grande region in central New Mexico, including problems with erosion and sedimentation. Hydraulic modeling analyses have been performed on the Middle Rio Grande to determine changes in channel morphology and other important parameters. Important changes occurring in the Escondida reach between 1918 and 2005 were analyzed for this study.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLarsen, Amanda K. 2007. Hydraulic modeling analysis of the Middle Rio Grande - Escondida Reach, New Mexico. Fort Collins, CO: Colorado State University. 209 p. Thesis.
Keywordshydraulic modeling analysis, Middle Rio Grande, New Mexico, human influence, erosion, sedimentation, channel morphology
- Human impacts on riparian ecosystems of the Middle Rio Grande Valley during historic times
- Research and management of soil, plant, animal, and human resources in the Middle Rio Grande Basin
- Riverine settlement in the evolution of prehistoric land-use systems in the Middle Rio Grande Valley, New Mexico
XML: View XML