Alabama's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995Author(s): Tony G. Johnson; Jim R. Gober; J. Stephen Nix
Source: Resour. Bull. SRS–27. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 36 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
View PDF (4.39 MB)
DescriptionOutput of Industrial Timber Products.Note: The reader must understand that certain terms, namely-retained, export, import, production, and receipts-have specialized meanings and relationships. unique to the Forest Inventory and Analysis Units across the country that deal with timber products output.In 1995, the combined industrial timber products output (TPO) from roundwood and plant byproducts totaled 1.77 billion cubic feet.
Timber products output from roundwood totaled 1.3 billion cubic feet, while output of plant byproducts was 47 1 million cubic feet.Output of softwood roundwood products totaled 924 million cubic feet, while output of hardwood round-wood products was 376 million cubic feet (fig. 2). Pulpwood and saw logs were the principal roundwood products in 1995. Combined output of these two products totaled 1.17 billion cubic feet and accounted for 90 percent of the States total roundwood output.Total receipts at Alabama mills, which included roundwood harvested and retained in the State and roundwood imported from other States, totaled 1.4 billion cubic feet. The number of primary roundwood-using plants in Alabama was 211 in 1995.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Tony G.; Gober, Jim R.; Nix, J. Stephen. 1998. Alabama''s timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995. Resour. Bull. SRS–27. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 36 p.
- Georgia's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1997
- Georgia's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
- Alabama's timber industry-an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
XML: View XML