Skip to Main Content
Information on campground use and visitor characteristicsAuthor(s): Richard L. Bury
Source: Research Note PSW-RN-043. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 3 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (389.21 KB)
DescriptionRegistration data at campgrounds where fees are charged can provide information that will be useful in planning and design of facilities and in outdoor recreation research. Several available sources of information are described, and proposals for effective collection and use of registration data are suggested.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBury, Richard L. 1964. Information on campground use and visitor characteristics. Research Note PSW-RN-043. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 3 p
- Monitoring visitor use in backcountry and wilderness: a review of methods
- Campground users... a computerized method for summarizing where they come from and how long they stay
- Advancements in LiDAR-based registration of FIA field plots
XML: View XML