Researchers propose single grade rule for evaluating hardwood pallet cantsAuthor(s): Hal Mitchell; Marshall White; Philip Araman; Peter Hamner
Source: Journal article Pallet Enterprise 28(10): 54-62.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (228.06 KB)
In "price taker" markets, successful businesses are the low cost producers, and pallet manufacturers are no exception. The single largest cost component of pallet manufacturing is raw material costs. Cants and lumber typically account for over 60% of operating costs. In the last three decades, cants have replaced lumber as the primary raw material for hardwood pallet manufacturers. As stumpage prices and competition for wood-based raw materials increase, pallet cant prices will continue to rise as well.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationMitchell, Hal L.; White, Marshall; Araman, Philip; Hamner, Peter. 2008. Researchers propose single grade rule for evaluating hardwood pallet cants. Pallet Enterprise 28(10): 54-62.
- Hardwood pallet cant quality and pallet part yields
- PCS: a pallet costing system for wood pallet manufacturers (version 1.0 for Windows®)
- Shaping-lathe headrig will convert small hardwoods into pallet cants plus flakes for structural exterior flakeboard
XML: View XML