Skip to Main Content
The Australian endemic woodwasp genus Austrocyrta Riek (Hymenoptera: Xiphydriidae)Author(s): J.T. Jennings; A.D. Austin; N.M. Schiff
Source: Australian Journal of Entomology 48: 29–35.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (715.82 KB)
DescriptionThe Australian xiphydriid woodwasp genus, previously known only from a single species, A. australiensis Riek, is revised. A second distinctive species from Carnarvon National Park in southcentral Queensland, A. fasciculata Jennings & Austin, sp. nov., is described, and a key to separate the males of the two species is provided.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationJennings, J.T., A.D. Austin and N. M. Schiff. 2009. The Australian endemic woodwasp genus Austrocyrta Riek (Hymenoptera: Xiphydriidae). Australian Journal of Entomology 48: 29–35.
KeywordsDerecyrtinae, Symphyta, taxonomy, Xiphydrioidea.
- Australian species of Elaphomyces (Elaphomycetaceae, Eurotiales, Ascomycota)
- Changes in dinitrogen fixation in maturing stands of Casuarina equisetifolia and Leucaena leucocephala
- Productivity, nutrient cycling, and succession in single- and mixed-species plantations of Casuarina equisetifolia, Eucalyptus robusta, and Leucaena leucocephala in Puerto Rico
XML: View XML