Forest healthAuthor(s): Sonja Oswalt; Sally Campbell
Source: In: Smith, W. Brad, tech. coord.; Miles, Patrick D., data coord.; Perry, Charles H., map coord.; and Pugh, Scott A., Data CD coord. 2009. Forest resources of the United States, 2007. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-78. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Washington Office. 48-52.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Washington Office
PDF: Download Publication (1.09 MB)
Forest resource statistics from the 2000 Resources Planning Act (RPA) Assessment were updated to provide current information on the Nation's forests. Resource tables present estimates of forest area, volume, mortality, growth, removals, and timber products output in various ways, such as by ownership, region, or State. Current resources data and trends are analyzed and placed within the context of changes since 1953. Additional analyses look at the resources from an ecological, health, and productivity perspective. A mini-atlas of map plates includes national displays of forest type, ownership, biomass fragmentation, and other key spatial elements. An interactive RPA Data Wiz CD is also included to provide user access to the resource data.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOswalt, Sonja H.; Campbell, Sally. 2009. Forest health. In: Smith, W. Brad, tech. coord.; Miles, Patrick D., data coord.; Perry, Charles H., map coord.; and Pugh, Scott A., Data CD coord. 2009. Forest resources of the United States, 2007. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO–78. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Washington Office. 48-52.
KeywordsRPA, assessment, inventory, forest statistics, area, volume, productivity, health, maps
Removals, timber products, and residues
- Forest Resources of the United States, 2007
Planted forests and plantations
XML: View XML