U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2005-2009Author(s): James L. Howard; Rebecca Westby
Source: Research Note FPL-RN-0313
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (567.0 KB)
This paper describes the current state of the U.S. economy and provides general and statistical information on forest products markets in terms of production, trade, consumption, and prices. Market developments are described for sawn softwood, sawn hardwood, softwood log trade, wood-based panels, paper and paperboard, fuelwood, forest product prices, and housing starts. Policy initiatives that can affect domestic markets and international trade in wood products are also discussed in some detail. Data are provided through the end of the year 2008 with forecasts through 2009.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHoward, James L.; Westby, Rebecca. 2009. U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2005-2009. Research Note FPL-RN-0313. Madison, WI: U.S.Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 9 p.
KeywordsForest products, forest products industry, production, trade, prices
- U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects, 2011-2015
- U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects 2010-2014
- U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2006-2010.
XML: View XML