Skip to Main Content
Editorial: Papers from the 7th International Conference on Dendrochronology - Cultural Diversity, Environmental VariabilityAuthor(s): Margaret S. Devall; Elaine K. Sutherland
Source: Dendrochronologia. 26: 143-144.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (118.38 KB)
DescriptionThe 7th International Conference on Dendrochronology - Cultural Diversity, Environmental Variability was held in Beijing, China from 11 to 17 June 2006. The conference was organized and hosted by the Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IB_CAS) in conjunction with the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) Working Group 5.01.07 (Tree-Ring Analysis) and under the auspices of the Tree-Ring Society (TRS) and the European Association for Tree-Ring Research (ATR). It was also sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Past Global Changes (PAGES). The conference was a major international gathering which included almost 300 scientists from 35 countries who use tree rings to study various issues. The conference sessions included over 200 oral presentations and around 100 posters which covered all aspects of tree-ring studies including the following broad subject areas: chemical and physical properties of tree rings (including isotopes, chemical and elemental analyses and their applications); the biological basis of tree rings (including physiology, biology, and wood anatomy); climatology and hydrology; ecology (including forest dynamics, disturbance studies, animal population dynamics, etc.) and geology (including geomorphology). The conference was intended to strengthen communication and cooperation among tree-ring researchers all over the world and to demonstrate the use of dendrochronology to better understand changing global environments and human cultures. Another aim of the conference was to encourage tree-ring research and education in China and other Asian countries.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDevall, Margaret S.; Sutherland, Elaine K. 2008. Editorial: Papers from the 7th International Conference on Dendrochronology - Cultural Diversity, Environmental Variability. Dendrochronologia. 26: 143-144.
Keywordsdendrochronology, tree rings
- Proceedings of a conference on sustainability of wetlands and water resources: how well can riverine wetlands continue to support society into the 21st century?
- C40 Large cities climate summit 2009 -- from Seoul to Copenhagen
- Anthropology of fire in the Ozark Highland region
XML: View XML