Skip to Main Content
Isolation and characterization of 16 microsatellite loci in the mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae)Author(s): C. S. Davis; K. E. Mock; B. J. Bentz; S. M. Bromilow; N. V. Bartell; B. W. Murray; A. D. Roe; J. E. K. Cooke
Source: Molecular Ecology Resources. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-0998.2009.02579.x
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (69.22 KB)
DescriptionWe isolated 16 polymorphic microsatellite loci in the mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins) and developed conditions for amplifying these markers in four multiplex reactions. Three to 14 alleles were detected per locus across two sampled populations. Observed and expected heterozygosities ranged from 0.000 to 0.902 and from 0.100 to 0.830, respectively. Three loci deviated from Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium in one sampled population. One of these loci may be sex linked. These markers will be useful in the study of population structure in this important pest species.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDavis, C. S.; Mock, K. E.; Bentz, B. J.; Bromilow, S. M.; Bartell, N. V.; Murray, B. W.; Roe, A. D.; Cooke, J. E. K. 2009. Isolation and characterization of 16 microsatellite loci in the mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae). Molecular Ecology Resources. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-0998.2009.02579.x
KeywordsDendroctonus ponderosae, microsatellite, mountain pine beetle
- Landscape-scale genetic variation in a forest outbreak species, the mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosae)
- Mountain pine beetle dynamics and reproductive success in post-fire lodgepole and ponderosa pine forests in northeastern Utah
- Mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae (Coleoptera: Curculionidae, Scolytinae)
XML: View XML