Skip to Main Content
Forest resources of the Medicine Bow National ForestAuthor(s): Jim Steed
Source: Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe Interior West Forest Inventory and Analysis (IWFIA) Program of the USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, as part of our National Forest System cooperative inventories, conducted a forest resource inventory on the Medicine Bow National Forest using a nationally standardized mapped-plot design (for more details see "Inventory methods" section page 11). This report presents the highlights of this 2001 inventory using commonly requested variables and summaries. The data could be summarized in other ways for different purposes (see "For further information" on the inside back cover). The information presented in this report is based solely on the IWFIA inventory sample (USDA 1999). Supplementary documentation and inventory terminology can be located in USDA (2002). Additional data collected by the Medicine Bow National Forest and used separately or in combination with IWFIA data may produce varying results. Changes since the inventory, such as the impact of recent disturbances on the Forest, have not been incorporated into this report. Annual inventories will soon replace periodic inventories to help monitor these changes at shorter intervals.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSteed, Jim. 2008. Forest resources of the Medicine Bow National Forest. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13 p.
Keywordsforest type, volume, biomass, stand density index, growth, mortality, vegetation
- Forest resources of the Nez Perce National Forest
- Forest resources of the Black Hills National Forest
- Forest resources of the Idaho Panhandle National Forest
XML: View XML