A Guide to nonnative invasive plants inventoried in the north by Forest Inventory and AnalysisAuthor(s): Cassandra Olson; Anita F. Cholewa
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-52. Revised October 2017. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 191 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (14.0 MB)
The Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the U.S. Forest Service is an ongoing endeavor mandated by Congress to determine the extent, condition, volume, growth, and depletions of timber on the Nation's forest land. FIA has responded to a growing demand for other information about our forests including, but not limited to, soils, vegetation, down woody material, and invasive plants. The intent of this guide is to aid FIA field staff in identifying 44 invasive plant species in the 24-state Northern Research Station region (Maine south to Delaware west to Kansas and north to North Dakota). However, this guide can be used by anyone interested in learning about these invasive plants. It contains distribution maps, short descriptions, space for notes, and numerous pictures of each plant.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOlson Cassandra; Cholewa, Anita F. 2009. Revised October 2017. A guide to nonnative invasive plants inventoried in the north by Forest Inventory and Analysis. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-52. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 191 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-52
Keywordsnonnative, invasive, vegetation monitoring
- Inventory shows extent of non-native invasive plants in Minnesota forests
- Patterns of exotic plant invasions in Pennsylvania's Allegheny National Forest using intensive Forest Inventory and Analysis plots
- Invasive plants found in North Carolina’s forests, 2010—forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML