Comparison of emerald ash borer preference for ash of different species, sun exposure, age, and stress treatments in relation to foliar volatiles and nutritionAuthor(s): Therese M. Poland; Deepa S. Pureswaran; Yigen Chen
Source: In: McManus, Katherine A; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings. 20th U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on invasive species 2009; 2009 January 13-16; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-51. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 47-48.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (129.6 KB)
We investigated the host selection behavior and feeding preference of the emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) on six different species of ash including Manchurian ash (F. mandshurica Rupr.), green ash (F. pennsylvanica Marsh), white ash (F. americana L.), black ash (F. nigra Marsh), blue ash (F. quadrangulata Michx.), and European ash (F. excelsior L.).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPoland, Therese M.; Pureswaran, Deepa S.; Chen, Yigen. 2009. Comparison of emerald ash borer preference for ash of different species, sun exposure, age, and stress treatments in relation to foliar volatiles and nutrition. In McManus, K.A.; Gottschalk K.W.; eds. Proceedings, 20th U.S. Department of Agriculture Interagency Research Forum on Invasive Species 2009; 2009 January 13-16; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-51. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 47-48. Abstract.
- Host selection and feeding preference of Agrilus planipennis (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) on ash (Fraxinus spp.)
- The distribution of ash in North America
- Ashes to ashes: Large Fraxinus germplasm collections and their fates
XML: View XML