Research update on the brown spruce longhorn beetle, Tetropium fuscum (Fabr.)Author(s): Jon Sweeney; Peter Silk; Deepa Pureswaran; Leah Flaherty; Junping Wu; Jessica Price; Jerzy M. Gutowski; Peter Mayo
Source: In: McManus, Katherine A; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings. 20th U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on invasive species 2009; 2009 January 13-16; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-51. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 56-57.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (154.22 KB)
A 3-year research project, funded by the Canadian Forest Service and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, was initiated in the spring of 2007 to address key issues of provincial and forest industry stakeholders concerning the brown spruce longhorn beetle, Tetropium fuscum (Fabr.) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae). Tetropium fuscum is an invasive wood boring beetle from Europe that has been established in Halifax, Nova Scotia since at least 1990. The project is focused on the development of practical tools and knowledge for risk mitigation, risk analysis, estimating rate of spread and pheromone-based methods of population suppression.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSweeney, Jon; Silk, Peter; Pureswaran, Deepa; Flaherty Leah; Wu, Junping; Price, Jessica; Gutowski, Jerzy M.; Mayo, Peter. 2009. Research update on the brown spruce longhorn beetle, Tetropium fuscum (Fabr.)
- Detection of the brown spruce longhorn beetle, Tetropium fuscum (F.) with semiochemical-baited traps, tree bands, and visual surveys
- Hitchhikers with invasive Tetropium fuscum (Fabr.) (Coleoptera:Cerambycidae) in Atlantic Canada
- First North American record of the Palearctic species Tetropium fuscum (Fabr.) (Coleoptera:Cerambycidae)
XML: View XML