Skip to Main Content
Determination of suitable climate space for Armillaria ostoyae in the Oregon East CascadesAuthor(s): John W. Hanna; Mee-Sook Kim; Ned B. Klopfenstein; Aaron L. Smith; Helen M. Maffei
Source: In: McWilliams, Michael; Palacios, Patsy, comps. Proceedings of the 55th Annual Western International Forest Disease Work Conference; 2007 October 15-19; Sedona, AZ. Salem, OR: Oregon Department of Forestry. p. 19-24.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (614.33 KB)
DescriptionThis is a preliminary, draft outline for organizing information on the relation of climate to western forest diseases. The question is how to assess the threat of these diseases under a regime of climate change. Although forest diseases are often important, assessment of disease-climate relations is a challenging problem due to the multiple values at risk and the complexity of these systems. Several approaches are described and illustrated with examples for mistletoes and stem rust. Only a sampling of examples is given to illustrate a variety of concepts; many additional examples are to be found in the literature. Knowledge gaps are identified.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHanna, John W.; Kim, Mee-Sook; Klopfenstein, Ned B.; Smith, Aaron L.; Maffei, Helen M. 2008. Determination of suitable climate space for Armillaria ostoyae in the Oregon East Cascades. In: McWilliams, Michael; Palacios, Patsy, comps. Proceedings of the 55th Annual Western International Forest Disease Work Conference; 2007 October 15-19; Sedona, AZ. Salem, OR: Oregon Department of Forestry. p. 92.
Keywordsforest diseases, climate relations, dwarf mistletoe, stem rusts
- Western forest diseases and climate relations: General considerations, dwarf mistletoe and stem rusts
- Climate change and forest diseases
- A risk assessment of climate change and the impact of forest diseases on forest ecosystems in the Western United States and Canada
XML: View XML