Ecosystem disturbance and wildlife conservation in western grasslands - A symposium proceedingsAuthor(s): Deborah M. Finch
Source: General Technical Report RM-GTR-285. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 82 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
Download Publication (1.44 MB)
DescriptionThis publication is the result of a half-day symposium, "Ecology, management, and sustainability of western grassland ecosystems" held at The Wildlife Society's First Annual Technical Conference, September 22-26, 1994 in Albuquerque, NM. The purpose of the symposium was to review and synthesize information about the structure, function, and components of steppe and desert grassland ecosystems in the western United States with special emphasis on the ecological roles and requirements of wildlife species. This work, designed to draw attention to some wildlife topics that have been particularly neglected for western grasslands, represents a cross-section of the papers orally presented at the symposium as well as some additional papers solicited afterwards. To provide a quality product, a minimum of two peer reviews were solicited for each manuscript, and authors were instructed to revise manuscripts based on editor's and referees' comments. Land managers, range conservationists, wildlife biologists, ecologists, and private citizens interested in sustaining the ecological health, productivity, and biological diversity of western grassland ecosystems should find this publication valuable.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFinch, Deborah M., Editor. 1996. Ecosystem disturbance and wildlife conservation in western grasslands - A symposium proceedings; September 22-26, 1994; Albuquerque, NM. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-285. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 82 p.
Keywordssteppe and desert grassland ecosystems, wildlife requirements, western grasslands, biological diversity, ecological health
- Sustaining western grasslands and associated wildlife: An introduction
- Grassland Sustainability
- Tools for Management for Grassland Ecosystem Sustainability: Thinking "Outside the Box"
XML: View XML