Skip to Main Content
Proceedings: Shrubland ecosystem dynamics in a changing environmentAuthor(s): Jerry R. Barrow; E. Durant McArthur; Ronald E. Sosebee; Robin J. Tausch
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-GTR-338. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 275 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (29.43 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings contains 50 papers including an overview of shrubland ecosystem dynamics in a changing environment and several papers each on vegetation dynamics, management concerns and options, and plant ecophysiology as well as an account of a Jornada Basin field trip. Contributions emphasize the impact of changing environmental conditions on vegetative composition especially in the Jornada Basin and Chihuahuan Desert but also in other parts of western North America and the world.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBarrow, Jerry R.; McArthur, E. Durant; Sosebee, Ronald E.; Tausch, Robin J., comps. 1996. Proceedings: shrubland ecosystem dynamics in a changing environment; 1995 May 23-25; Las Cruces, NM. Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-GTR-338. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 275 p.
Keywordsclimate change, environmental change, deserts, desert plants, land management, plant ecology, plant ecophysiology
- Shrub cover and fire history predict seed bank composition in Great Basin shrublands
- Quantifying the effects of overgrazing on mountainous watershed vegetation dynamics under a changing climate
- Combined effects of climate and land management on watershed vegetation dynamics in an arid environment
XML: View XML