Logging deck organization with a bundlerAuthor(s): Dana Mitchell
Source: In National Convention, Orlando, Florida, September 30-October 4, 2009. 8p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (643.23 KB)
The original John Deere 1490D Slash Bundler is mounted on a forwarder so that it can collect woody biomass scattered throughout a tract. However, typical logging operations in the southeastern United States delimb and top at the landing, so logging residues are concentrated at the landing. In a current study by researchers at Auburn University and the Southern Research Station, the bundler unit was mounted on a motorized trailer for stationary use on a log landing.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationMitchell, Dana. 2009. Logging deck organization with a bundler. In Society of American Foresters National Convention, Orlando, Florida, September 30-October 4, 2009. 8p.
- Bundling Logging Residues with a Modified John Deere B-380 Slash Bundler
- Optimizing the use of a John Deere bundling unit in a southern logging system
- A new slash bundling concept for use in a Southern U.S
XML: View XML