Evaluating the use of male-produced pheromone components and plant volatiles in two trap designs to monitor Anoplophora glabripennisAuthor(s): M.E. Nehme; M.A. Keena; A. Zhang; T.C. Baker; Z. Xu; K. Hoover
Source: Environmental Entomology. 39(1): 169-176.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (577.09 KB)
Anoplophora glabripennis (Motschulsky) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae), commonly known as the Asian longhorned beetle, is a wood-boring invasive species introduced from Asia to North America and Europe in solid wood packing material. Efficient monitoring traps are needed to assess population density and dispersal in the field and to detect new introductions at ports of entry. For this purpose, we conducted field trapping experiments in China in the summers of 2007 and 2008. In 2007, we tested Intercept panel traps hung on poplar trees. In 2008, we used Intercept panel traps hung on poplar trees, screen sleeve traps wrapped around poplar trunks, and Intercept panel traps hung on bamboo poles 20 m away from host trees. Traps were baited with A. glabripennis male-produced pheromone alone or in different combinations with plant volatiles.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNehme, M.E.; Keena, M.A.; Zhang, A.; Baker, T.C.; Xu, Z.; Hoover, K. 2010. Evaluating the use of male-produced pheromone components and plant volatiles in two trap designs to monitor Anoplophora glabripennis. Environmental Entomology 39: 169-176.
KeywordsAnoplophora glabripennis, male-produced pheromone, plant volatiles, monitoring traps
- Timber Bamboo Pulp
- Impact performance of two bamboo-based laminated composites
- Field Evaluations of Systemic Insecticides for Control of Anoplophora glabripennis (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) in China
XML: View XML