Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Effects of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis) on forest ecosystemsAuthor(s): Kathleen S. Knight; Robert P. Long; Joanne Rebbeck; Daniel A. Herms; John Cardina; Catherine P. Herms; Kamal J.K. Gandhi; Annemarie Smith; Kyle C. Costilow; Lawrence C. Long; David L. Cappaert
Source: In: McManus, Katherine A; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings. 20th U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on invasive species 2009; 2009 January 13-16; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-51. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 82.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (120.45 KB)
The effects of emerald ash borer (EAB) (Agrilus planipennis Fairmare) on forest ecosystems are being studied through a collaborative research program involving U.S. Forest Service Northern Research Station (Research Work Unit 2) and Ohio State University. In more than 250 monitoring plots in forests in Ohio and Michigan representing a gradient of EAB infestation duration, we are monitoring the decline and mortality of thousands of ash (Fraxinus spp.) trees, the responses of both native and invasive plant species, changes in species composition and forest structure, and effects on other organisms and ecosystem processes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKnight, Kathleen S.; Long, Robert P.; Rebbeck, Joanne; Herms, Daniel A.; Cardina, John; Herms, Catherine P.; Gandhi, Kamal J.K.; Smith, Annemarie; Costilow, Kyle C.; Long, Lawrence C.; Cappaert, David L. 2010. Effects of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis) on forest ecosystems
- Emerald ash borer aftermath forests: The dynamics of ash mortality and the responses of other plant species
- Emerald ash borer aftermath forests: the future of ash ecosystems
- Outlook for ash in your forest: results of emerald ash borer research and implications for management
XML: View XML