Perception of lightweight panels by U.S manufacturersAuthor(s): Matthew Bumgardner; Urs Buehlmann; Karl Forth
Source: In: Fischer, Kurt, ed. Technical Conference Management - Pan American laminates conference and work shop; 2009 December 3-4; Toronto, Canada. Langenzersdorf, Austria: Technical Conference Management: 65-69.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (346.26 KB)
Opportunities exist for the adoption of lightweight panels by the secondary wood industry in the United States, as 54 percent of respondents to a recent survey indicated they would seriously consider using such panels in their products. In particular, office/hospitality/contract furniture, as well as store and architectural fixtures, seemed to hold the most promise for lightweight panels according to respondents. Overall, respondents were somewhat neutral in their perception of lightweight panels, perhaps due to a lack of information about performance. The biggest challenges to greater adoption appeared to be the negative perceptions related to connecting lightweight panels to hardware and other components, issues that are being resolved by panel manufacturers.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationBumgardner, Matthew; Buehlmann, Urs; Forth, Karl. 2009. Perception of lightweight panels by U.S manufacturers. In: Fischer, Kurt, ed. Technical Conference Management - Pan American laminates conference and work shop; 2009 December 3-4; Toronto, Canada. Langenzersdorf, Austria: Technical Conference Management: 65-69.
- Lightweight panel study 2012: Perceptions and usage by North American wood products manufacturers
- Understanding travel information search behaviors by levels of information technology adoption
- Emergency housing systems from three-dimensional engineered fiberboard : temporary building systems for lightweight, portable, easy-to-assemble, reusable, recyclable, and biodegradable structures
XML: View XML