Strategic assessment of bioenergy development in the West : biomass resource assessment and supply analysis for the WGA region : final report, Kansas State University and the U.S. Forest Service, September 1, 2008.Author(s): Kenneth E. Skog; Marcia Patton-Mallory; Robert R. Rummer; R. James Barbour
Source: [Denver, Colo.] : Western Governors' Association, 2008: iii, 38 pages.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (0 B)
In February 2008, the Western Governors’ Association adopted a policy reaffirming the governors’ strong commitment to enhance and diversify the region's transportation fuels portfolio. The Strategic Assessment of Bioenergy Development in the West represents a major step in fulfilling that commitment and expands upon earlier work through WGA's Clean and Diversified Energy Initiative and the Transportation Fuels Initiative. The Bioenergy Assessment Team was formed to examine the potential for future development and to create a comprehensive framework to assess environmental, technical and socioeconomic impacts associated with national, state and regional bioenergy and biomass management policies. This assessment will assist the governors individually and collectively as they develop bioenergy policies. The extensive evaluations conducted by the Assessment Team are contained in the following areas: Biomass Resources in the Western States, Biofuel Conversion Technologies, Spatial Analysis and Supply Curve Development, Analyses of Deployment Scenarios and Policy Interactions.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSkog, Kenneth E.; Patton-Mallory, Marcia; Rummer, Robert R.; Barbour, R. James. 2008. Strategic assessment of bioenergy development in the West : biomass resource assessment and supply analysis for the WGA region : final report, Kansas State University and the U.S. Forest Service, September 1, 2008. [Denver, Colo.] : Western Governors' Association, 2008: iii, 38 pages.
KeywordsRenewable energy sources, forest products, West, statistics, marketing, economic aspects, prices, utilization, renewable natural resources, sustainable forestry, sustainability, forest biomass, market surveys, agricultural wastes, biomass energy, fibers, cornstalks, plant fibers, wood waste, waste products, timber supply, supply and demand, biomass, forest resources, thinnings
- Strategic assessment of bioenergy development in the West : spatial analysis and supply curve development : final report, The University of California, Davis, September 1, 2008
- Development of a biorefinery optimized biofuel supply curve for the western United States
- A strategic assessment of biofuels development in the Western States
XML: View XML