(3Z,6Z,9Z,12Z,15Z)-Pentacosapentane and (9Z, 11E)-Tetradecadienyl Acetate: Attractant Lure Blend for Dioryctria ebeli (Lepidopterea: Pyralidae)Author(s): Daniel Miller; Jocelyn Millar; Gary Grant; Linda MacDonald; Gary DeBarr
Source: J. Entomol. Sci 45(1): 54-57
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (9.27 MB)
Feeding damage by larval coneworms (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) on flowers and cones of pines can cause significant economic losses in pine seed orchards in the southern USA (Ebel et al. 1980, USDA Forest Service GTR SE-8, Asheville, NC). The south coastal coneworm, Dioryctria ebeli Mutuura & Monroe, is a common pest in seed orchards of slash pine (Pinus elliottii L.) in the coastal region of southeastern USA, particularly Florida (Ebel et al. 1980). With multiple generations per year, infestations of D. ebeli can be severe, especially in seed orchards infected by the southern pine cone rust, Cronartium strobilinum Hedgc. & Hahn (Merkel 1958, J. Forestry 56:651 ).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, D.R.; Millar, J.G.; Grant, G. G.; MacDonald, L.; DeBarr, G.L. 2010. (3Z,6Z,9Z,12Z,15Z)-Pentacosapentane and (9Z, 11E)-Tetradecadienyl Acetate: Attractant Lure Blend for Dioryctria ebeli (Lepidopterea: Pyralidae) J. Entomol. Sci 45(1): 54-57
KeywordsSouth coastal coneworm, pheromone, detection, pentaene, taxonomy, pine seed orchards
- A Hydraulically Operated Pine Cone Cutter
- (3Z,6Z,9Z,12Z,15Z)-Pentacosapentaene and (Z) -11-Hexadecenyl Acetate: sex attractant blend for Dioryctria amatella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae).
- Nonlethal Thrips Damage to Slash Pine Flowers Reduces Seed Yields
XML: View XML