The distribution of McKay's approximation for the coefficient of variationAuthor(s): Johannes Forkman; Steve P. Verrill
Source: Statistics & probability letters. Vol. 78 (2008): pages 10-14.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
View PDF (119.4 KB)
McKay’s chi-square approximation for the coefficient of variation is type II noncentral beta distributed and asymptotically normal with mean n - 1 and variance smaller than 2(n – 1).
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationForkman, Johannes; Verrill, Steve P. 2008. The distribution of McKay's approximation for the coefficient of variation. Statistics & probability letters. Vol. 78 (2008): pages 10-14.
KeywordsStandard deviations, asymptotic expansions, equations, mathematical statistics, chi-square test, numerical analysis, McKay's chi-square approximation, noncentral beta distribution, coefficients of variation, McKay's approximation, statistical analysis
- Methods for estimating aboveground biomass and its components for Douglas-fir and lodgepole pine trees
- The assembly of ecological communities inferred from taxonomic and functional composition
- Integration of Chemical and Biological Catalysis: Production of Furylglycolic Acid from Glucose via Cortalcerone
XML: View XML