Skip to Main Content
Washington’s forest resources, 2002–2006: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis reportAuthor(s): Sally Campbell; Karen Waddell; Andrew Gray
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-800. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 189 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (7.7 MB)
Related Research Highlights FIA 5-year report summarizes forest conditions in Washington
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from the most recent (2002-2006) data collected by the Forest Inventory and Analysis Program across all ownerships in Washington. We present basic resource information such as forest area, land use change, ownership, volume, biomass, and carbon sequestration; structure and function topics such as biodiversity, older forests, dead wood, and riparian forests; disturbance topics such as insects and diseases, fire, invasive plants, and air pollution; and information about the forest products industry in Washington, including data on tree growth and mortality, removals for timber products, and nontimber forest products. The appendixes describe inventory methods and design in detail and provide summary tables of data and statistical error for the forest characteristics sampled.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCampbell, Sally; Waddell, Karen; Gray, Andrew. 2010. Washington’s forest resources, 2002–2006: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-800. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 189 p.
KeywordsBiomass, carbon, dead wood, diseases, fire, forest land, insects, invasive plants, inventory, juniper, lichens, nontimber forest products, ozone, timber volume, timberland, wood products
- Oregon's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report.
- Washington’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2002–2011
- California's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis Report.
XML: View XML