Skip to Main Content
A suite of fire, fuels, and smoke management toolsAuthor(s): Roger D. Ottmar; Clint S. Wright; Susan J. Prichard
Source: Fire Management Today. 69(2): 34-39
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (2.04 MB)
DescriptionThe Fire and Environmental Research Applications Team (FERA) of the Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, is an interdisciplinary team of scientists that conduct primary research on wildland fire and provide decision support for fire hazard and smoke management. The team is committed to providing easy-to-use tools that help managers in their fire and fuels planning. Several tools developed by FERA help managers in their fire and fuels planning.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOttmar, Roger D.; Wright, Clint S.; Prichard, Susan J. 2009. A suite of fire, fuels, and smoke management tools. Fire Management Today. 69(2): 34-39
Keywordsfire, fuel, smoke management tools, Fire and Environmental Research Applications Team (FERA)
- Forests, people, fire: Integrating the sciences to build capacity for an “All Lands” approach to forest restoration
- Fuels planning: science synthesis and integration
- Characterizing fuels in the 21st century.
XML: View XML