Skip to Main Content
Wilderness management through voluntary behavior change: an evaluation of the Pemigewasset Wilderness Management PlanAuthor(s): John M. Halstead; Cindy M. Brown; Albert E. Luloff; Bruce E. Lindsay
Source: In: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. 1992. Proceedings of the 1991 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1991 April 7-9; Saratoga Springs, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-160. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 118-121.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (851.5 KB)
DescriptionThe management plan for the Pemigewasset Wilderness Area of New Hampshire represents a departure from traditional plans. Results of this study indicate limited evidence of the Pemigewasset Wilderness Management Plan (PWMP), as currently implemented, having a large direct impact on diverting hikers from their planned destinations and promoting dispersed usage and low impact camping.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIn: Vander Stoep, Gail A., ed. 1992. Proceedings of the 1991 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1991 April 7-9; Saratoga Springs, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-160. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. p. 118-121.
- Recreation impacts and management in wilderness : A state-of-knowldege review
- Wilderness fire management planning guide
- Linking wilderness research and management-volume 1. Wilderness fire restoration and management: an annotated reading list
XML: View XML