Skip to Main Content
Lignin peroxidase gene family of Phanerochaete chrysosporium : complex regulation by carbon and nitrogen limitation and identification of a second dimorphic chromosomeAuthor(s): Philip Stewart; Philip Kersten; Amber J. Vanden Wymelenberg; Jill A. Gaskell; Daniel Cullen
Source: Journal of bacteriology. Vol. 174, no. 15 (Aug. 1992): pages 5036-5042.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.96 MB)
DescriptionLignin peroxidases (LiP) of Phanerochaete chrysosporium are encoded by a family of six closely related genes. Five LiP genes have been localized to the same dimorphic chromosome. In this investigation, relative transcript levels of the LiP genes were determined. Transcripts of the LiPA, LiPB, and 0282 genes were at similar levels in both carbon-and nitrogen-limited cultures. In contrast, transcription of the GLG5, V4, and GLG4 genes was dramatically altered by culture conditions. Under carbon-limited conditions, GLG4 transcripts were, by far, the most abundant. Southern blot analyses of clamped homogeneous field gels were used to map the GLG4 gene to a dimorphic chromosome separate from the other LiP genes.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStewart, Philip; Kersten, Philip; Vanden Wymelenberg, Amber J.; Gaskell, Jill A.; Cullen, Daniel. 1992. Lignin peroxidase gene family of Phanerochaete chrysosporium : complex regulation by carbon and nitrogen limitation and identification of a second dimorphic chromosome. Journal of bacteriology. Vol. 174, no. 15 (Aug. 1992): pages 5036-5042.
KeywordsBiodegradation, enzymes, biotechnology, molecular genetics, fungi, genetics, lignin, Basidiomycetes, wood-decaying fungi, industrial applications, genetic transcription, Phanerochaete chrysosporium, peroxidases, gene expression, carbon, nitrogen, wood decay, white rot, dimorphic chromosomes, manganese peroxidase, glyoxal oxidase
- Organization and differential regulation of a cluster of lignin peroxidase genes of Phanerochaete chrysosporium
- A homokaryotic derivative of a Phanerochaete chrysosporium strain and its use in genomic analysis of repetitive elements
- Genomic organization of a cellulase gene family in Phanerochaete chrysosporium
XML: View XML