Skip to Main Content
2006 : Wood Products Used in New Residential Construction U.S. and Canada, with Comparisons to 1995, 1998 and 2003 : Executive SummaryAuthor(s): Craig Adair; David B. McKeever
Source: Wood Products Council. 2009; 169 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.58 MB)
DescriptionThe construction of new single family, multifamily, and manufactured housing is an important market for wood products in both the United States and Canada. Annual wood products consumption is dependent on many factors, including the number of new units started, the size of units started, architectural characteristics, and consumer preferences. In 2006, about 39 percent of all solid wood products consumed in the United States and 28 percent of all solid wood products consumed in Canada were used for new residential construction (Adair 2008, FAO 2008, McKeever 2009). New residential construction continues to be the leading market for solid softwood products in the United States and second only to residential repair and remodeling in Canada.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAdair, Craig; McKeever, David B. 2009. 2006 : Wood Products Used in New Residential Construction U.S. and Canada, with Comparisons to 1995, 1998 and 2003 : Executive Summary. The Wood Products Council. 2009; 169 p.
KeywordsHouse construction, Canada, United States, construction industry, statistics, wooden-frame houses, market surveys, building materials, prices, market prices, marketing, economic aspects, consumption, supply, demand, supply balance, wooden-frame buildings, wooden buildings, wood utilization, forest products, forest products industry, wood products, housing
- 2006 : Wood Used in Residential Repair and Remodeling U.S. and Canada, with Comparison to 1997 and 2003 : Executive Summary
- Solid wood timber products consumption in major end uses in the United States, 1950-2009 : a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA assessment
- Wood products used in the construction of low-rise nonresidential buildings in the United States, 2008
XML: View XML