Proceedings of the Eighth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research ConferenceAuthor(s): M. Boyd Edwards
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-1. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 646 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionThese proceedings represents the research of 189 investigators studying the patterns and processes of managed southern forests through 104 reported studies. These contributions emanate from scientists located at various universities, forestry industries, and public agencies. Their approaches and findings lead the way to efficient and wise management of our nation’ s forest resource.
A general session on "Silviculture -A Pivotal Role In A Changing Profession" kicked off the conference with five distinguished presenters sharing their experience and insight.
A poster session was included in the program and consisted of 15 presentations. This served to allow another research session within the time constraints of the allotted time for the conference.
The field tour served to inform conference participants about ongoing research activities in the Auburn University area.
Acknowledgments are made to the conference cochair, James H. Perdue and the steering committee. Sincere appreciation is herebv expressed to each of them for their concern and diligent assistance in making the conference a great success.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEdwards, M. Boyd. 1995. Proceedings of the Eighth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-1. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 646 p.
- Proceedings of the Ninth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference
- Forest growth and timber quality: crown models and simulation methods for sustainable forest management
- Proceedings of the 19th biennial southern silvicultural research conference
XML: View XML