Skip to Main Content
Sustaining western grasslands and associated wildlife: An introductionAuthor(s): Deborah M. Finch
Source: In: Finch, Deborah M., Editor. Ecosystem disturbance and wildlife conservation in western grasslands - A symposium proceedings. September 22-26, 1994; Albuquerque, NM. General Technical Report RM-GTR-285. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p. 1-2.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
PDF: Download Publication (17.36 KB)
DescriptionThis publication is the result of a half-day symposium, "Ecology, management, and sustainability of western grassland ecosystems," held at The Wildlife Society’s First Annual Technical Conference, September 22-26, 1994 in Albuquerque, NM. The symposium was sponsored by The Wildlife Society's Working Group on Sustainable Use of Ecosystem Resources and was organized by members Deborah Finch, Gale Wolters, and Bertie Weddell. The scope of this working group is the assembly, study, and transfer of information pertaining to the conservation of wildlife through sustainable uses of ecosystem resources throughout the world. Its goals are to facilitate communication and exchange of information among members of The Wildlife Society interested in applying the ecosystem management concept to wildlife conservation; enhance knowledge and technical capabilities of wildlife professionals in the definition, assessment, and implementation of sustainable uses of ecosystem resources; and increase public awareness and appreciation of the effects of resource uses on wildlife and of the role of sustainable resource use in wildlife management. For more information about this working group, see its charter at the end of this volume.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFinch, Deborah M. 1996. Sustaining western grasslands and associated wildlife: An introduction. In: Finch, Deborah M., Editor. Ecosystem disturbance and wildlife conservation in western grasslands - A symposium proceedings. September 22-26, 1994; Albuquerque, NM. General Technical Report RM-GTR-285. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p. 1-2.
Keywordsriparian ecosystems, human dimensions, hydrology, ecology, history, restoration
- The Arizona Riparian Area Advisory Committee: An experience in defining desired conditions
- Discussion of future cooperative actions and closing remarks
XML: View XML