Skip to Main Content
Urban and community forests of the Mountain region: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, WyomingAuthor(s): David J. Nowak; Eric J. Greenfield
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-63. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 78 p. [Includes CD-ROM].
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (14.01 MB)
DescriptionThis report details how land cover and urbanization vary within the states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming by community (incorporated and census designated places), county subdivision, and county. Specifically this report provides critical urban and community forestry information for each state including human population characteristics and trends, changes in urban and community lands, tree canopy and impervious surface cover characteristics, distribution of land-cover classes, a relative comparison of urban and community forests among local government types, determination of priority areas for tree planting, and a summary of urban tree benefits. Report information can improve the understanding, management, and planning of urban and community forests. This data is reported for each state on the CD provided in the back of this book and may be accessed by state at: http://www.nrs.fs.fed.us/data/urban.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNowak, David J.; Greenfield, Eric J. 2010. Urban and community forests of the Mountain region: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-63. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 78 p. [Includes CD-ROM].
Keywordsurban forestry, tree cover, impervious cover, classified land cover, ecosystem services, urbanization
- Urban and community forests of New England: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Urban and community forests of the Mid-Atlantic region: New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
- Urban and community forests of the North Central East region: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin
XML: View XML