Skip to Main Content
Descriptive statistics of tree crown condition in California, Oregon, and WashingtonAuthor(s): KaDonna C. Randolph; Sally J. Campbell; Glenn Christensen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–126. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 19 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.6 MB)
DescriptionThe U.S. Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program uses visual assessments of tree crown condition to monitor changes and trends in forest health. This report describes four tree crown condition indicators (crown dieback, crown density, foliage transparency, and sapling crown vigor) measured in California, Oregon, and Washington between 1996 and 1999. Descriptive statistics are presented by species and FIA species group. Inter- and intra-species variation, crown condition stressors, and statistical issues that should be considered when analyzing and interpreting the crown condition data are discussed.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRandolph, KaDonna C.; Campbell, Sally J.; Christensen, Glenn. 2010. Descriptive statistics of tree crown condition in California, Oregon, and Washington. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–126. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 19 p.
KeywordsCrown density, crown dieback, FIA, foliage transparency, forest health, sapling vigor
- Descriptive statistics of tree crown condition in the Southern United States and impacts on data analysis and interpretation
- Tree crown conditions in Missouri, 2000-2003
- Descriptive statistics of tree crown condition in the North Central United States
XML: View XML