Skip to Main Content
National workshop on forest productivity & technology: cooperative research to support a sustainable & competitive future - progress and strategyAuthor(s): Eric D. Vance
Source: In: Stanturf, John A., ed. 2010. Proceedings of the 14th biennial southern silvicultural research conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–121. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 393-397.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (58.24 KB)
DescriptionThe Agenda 2020 Program is a partnership among government agencies, the forest products industry, and academia to develop technology capable of enhancing forest productivity, sustaining environmental values, increasing energy efficiency, and improving the economic competitiveness of the United States forest sector. In November 2006, the USDA Forest Service, in partnership with the Agenda 2020 Technology Alliance, the American Forest and Paper Association, the National Council for Air and Stream Improvement, and U.S. Department of Energy, organized a national workshop to document and discuss significant achievements and build support for the Agenda 2020 Sustainable Forest Productivity program and related research. The workshop was organized into sessions on: (1) Forest Management, Soil Productivity, and Information Technology; (2) Biotechnology and Tree Improvement; (3) Physiology, Growth, and Wood Quality; and (4) Ecological Functions of Managed Forests. Since 1999, Forest Service Research & Development and partners have funded 66 projects. A summary of key results and potential future research direction will be presented.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBuford, Marilyn A.; Vance, Eric D. 2010. National workshop on forest productivity & technology: cooperative research to support a sustainable & competitive future - progress and strategy. In: Stanturf, John A., ed. 2010. Proceedings of the 14th biennial southern silvicultural research conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–121. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 393-397.
- The Trust Fund for the Administration of the Forest Development Program, and the Inventory and Monitoring of Jalisco's Natural Resources
- Collaborative management and research in the Great Basin - examining the issues and developing a framework for action
- Southern Research Station Global Change Research Strategy 2011-2019
XML: View XML