Skip to Main Content
A Computer Program You Can Use: Edging and Trimmer TrainerAuthor(s): Philip A. Araman; D. Earl Kline; Matthew F. Winn
Source: Proceedings, 24th Annual Hardwood Symposium. pp. 61-68
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (116 KB)
DescriptionWe present a computerized training tool designed to help hardwood sawmill edger and trim saw operators improve their processing performance. It can also be used by managers to understand the affects of processing decisions such as limiting wane beyond standard grading rule restrictions. The program helps users understand the relationships between lumber grade, surface measure and price/grade. It is a simple to use, point and click PC windows based program.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAraman, Philip A.; Kline, D. Earl; Winn, Matthew F. 1996. A Computer Program You Can Use: Edging and Trimmer Trainer. Proceedings, 24th Annual Hardwood Symposium. pp. 61-68
- A three-dimensional optimal sawing system for small sawmills in central Appalachia
- Machine Vision Systems for Processing Hardwood Lumber and Logs
- Computerized training for the hardwood sawmill industry: The edging and trimmer trainer (version 3.0)
XML: View XML