Skip to Main Content
Characterization of the Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus 25K FP geneAuthor(s): David S. Bischoff; James M. Slavicek
Source: Journal of General Virology. 77: 1913-1923.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.62 MB)
DescriptionThe Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus (LdMNPV) gene encoding the 25K FP protein has been cloned and sequenced. The 25KFP gene codes for a 217 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 24870 Da. Expression of the 25K FP protein in a rabbit reticulocyte system generated a 27 kDa protein, in close agreement with the molecular mass predicted from the nucleotide sequence. The gene is located between 40.3 and 40.8 map units on the viral genome. It is transcribed in a counterclockwise direction with respect to the circular map at late times during the infection cycle from a consensus baculovirus late promoter. The LdMNPV and Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus (AcMNPV) 25K FP proteins exhibit 52% amino acid identity with several regions showing greater than 75% identity. Homologues to the AcMNPV orf59 and orf60 were also identified upstream (with respect to the genome) of the 25K FP gene in LdMNPV and exhibit 52% and 45% amino acid identity, respectively.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationBischoff, David S.; Slavicek, James M. 1996. Characterization of the Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus 25K FP gene. Journal of General Virology. 77: 1913-1923.
- Identification and characterization of the ecdysteroid UDPglucosyltransferase gene of the Lymantria dispar multinucleocapsid nuclear polyhedrosis virus
- Identification and characterization of an early gene in the Lymantria dispar multinucleocapsid nuclear polyhedrosis virus
- The Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus contains the capsid-associated p24 protein gene
XML: View XML