Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Development of a Decision Support System for Monitoring, Reporting, Forecasting Ecological Conditions of the Appalachian TrailAuthor(s): Y. Wang; R. Nemani; F. Dieffenbach; K. Stolte; G. Holcomb
Source: In: Proceedings of IEEE International Geoscience & Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2010, pp. 1-4.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (257.35 KB)
DescriptionThis paper introduces a collaborative multi-agency effort to develop an Appalachian Trail (A.T.) MEGA-Transect Decision Support System (DSS) for monitoring, reporting and forecasting ecological conditions of the A.T. and the surrounding lands. The project is to improve decision-making on management of the A.T. by providing a coherent framework for data integration, status report and trend analysis. The A.T. MEGA-Transect DSS is to integrate NASA multi-platform sensor data and modeling through the Terrestrial Observation and Prediction System (TOPS) and in situ measurements from A.T. MEGA-Transect partners to address identified natural resource priorities and improve resource management decisions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWang, Y.; Nemani, R.; Dieffenbach, F.; Stolte, K.; Holcomb, G. 2010. Development of a Decision Support System for Monitoring, Reporting, Forecasting Ecological Conditions of the Appalachian Trail. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Geoscience & Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2010, pp. 1-4.
KeywordsAppalachian Trail, TOPS, Integration, Visualization, Modeling
- A method for integrating multiple components in a decision support system
- Decision support for sustainable forestry: enhancing the basic rational model.
- AppBuilder for DSSTools; an application development environment for developing decision support systems in Prolog
XML: View XML