Skip to Main Content
Soil organic carbon pools in the northern circumpolar permafrost regionAuthor(s): C. Tarnocai; J.G. Canadell; E.A.G. Schuur; P. Kuhry; G. Mazhitova; S. Zimov
Source: Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 23: GB2023. 11 p. DOI: 10.1029/2008GB003327
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (4.16 MB)
DescriptionThe Northern Circumpolar Soil Carbon Database was developed to determine carbon pools in soils of the northern circumpolar permafrost region. Here we report a new estimate of the carbon pools in soils of the northern permafrost region, including deeper layers and pools not accounted for in previous analyses.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTarnocai, C.; Canadell, J.G.; Schuur, E.A.G.; Kuhry, P.; Mazhitova, G.; Zimov, S. 2009. Soil organic carbon pools in the northern circumpolar permafrost region. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 23: GB2023. 11 p.
Keywordscarbon, permafrost, circumpolar
- Potential remobilization of belowground permafrost carbon under future global warming
- Circumpolar assessment of permafrost C quality and its vulnerability over time using long-term incubation data
- Report from the International Permafrost Association: carbon pools in permafrost regions
XML: View XML