Skip to Main Content
Evaluating the spatial variation of total mercury in young-of-year yellow perch (Perca flavescens), surface water and upland soil for watershed-lake systems within the southern Boreal ShieldAuthor(s): Mark C. Gabriel; Randy Kolka; Trent Wickman; Ed Nater; Laurel Woodruff
Source: Science of the Total Environment. 407: 4117-4126.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.44 MB)
DescriptionThe primary objective of this research is to investigate relationships between mercury in upland soil, lake water and fish tissue and explore the cause for the observed spatial variation of THg in age one yellow perch (Perca flavescens) for ten lakes within the Superior National Forest. Spatial relationships between yellow perch THg tissue concentration and a total of 45 watershed and water chemistry parameters were evaluated for two separate years: 2005 and 2006.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGabriel, Mark C.; Kolka, Randy; Wickman, Trent; Nater, Ed; Woodruff, Laurel. 2009. Evaluating the spatial variation of total mercury in young-of-year yellow perch (Perca flavescens), surface water and upland soil for watershed-lake systems within the southern Boreal Shield. Science of the Total Environment. 407: 4117-4126.
Keywordsyellow perch, total mercury, boreal ecosystem, watersheds, regression modeling
- Yellow perch (Perca flavescens) mercury unaffected by wildland fires in northern Minnesota
- Temporal fluctuations in young-of-the-year yellow perch mercury bioaccumulation in lakes of northeastern Minnesota
- Specific conductance identifies perched and ground water lakes.
XML: View XML