Skip to Main Content
The U.S. Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory: 1910-2010, a century of research working for you.Author(s): James T. Spartz
Source: Forest products journal. Vol. 59, no. 11 (Oct. 2009): p. 6-20.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.03 MB)
DescriptionThe Centennial Year of the USDA Forest Service’s Forest Products Laboratory offers a time to reflect on significant breakthroughs and look to a future of unprecedented innovation.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpartz, James T. 2009. The U.S. Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory: 1910-2010, a century of research working for you. Forest products journal. Vol. 59, no. 11 (Oct. 2009): p. 6-20.
KeywordsWood utilization, forest products, United States, history, research projects, research, utilization, Forest Products Laboratory, research institutes, wood research, technology transfer, processing, service life, composite materials, wood chemistry, research policy, research programs, product testing, forest products research, review article
- Forest products research in IUFRO history and potential
- Opportunities for joint FPL and VTT research.
- Forest Products Laboratory : supporting the nation's armed forces with valuable wood research for 90 years
XML: View XML