Skip to Main Content
Weighted analysis methods for mapped plot forest inventory data: Tables, regressions, maps and graphsAuthor(s): Paul C. Van Deusen; Linda S. Heath
Source: Forest Ecology and Management. 260: 1607-1612.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (160.81 KB)
DescriptionWeighted estimation methods for analysis of mapped plot forest inventory data are discussed. The appropriate weighting scheme can vary depending on the type of analysis and graphical display. Both statistical issues and user expectations need to be considered in these methods. A weighting scheme is proposed that balances statistical considerations and the logical expectations of users. The methods described here are being used in an online forest carbon estimation tool. Example applications are presented to demonstrate the methods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVan Deusen, Paul C.; Heath, Linda S. 2010. Weighted analysis methods for mapped plot forest inventory data: Tables, regressions, maps and graphs. Forest Ecology and Management. 260: 1607-1612.
KeywordsFIA data, Carbon OnLine Estimator, forest carbon, COLE
- New features added to EVALIDator: ratio estimation and county choropleth maps
- Estimating mapped-plot forest attributes with ratios of means
- Sampling surface and subsurface particle-size distributions in wadable gravel-and cobble-bed streams for analyses in sediment transport, hydraulics, and streambed monitoring
XML: View XML