Skip to Main Content
Economic modeling of effects of climate change on the forest sector and mitigation options: a compendium of briefing papersAuthor(s): Ralph J. Alig
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-833. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 169 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (2.75 MB)
DescriptionThis report is a compilation of six briefing papers based on literature reviews and syntheses, prepared for U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service policy analysts and decisionmakers about specific questions pertaining to climate change. The main topics addressed here are economic effects on the forest sector at the national and global scales, costs of forest carbon sequestration as part of mitigation strategies, and mitigation aspects for nonindustrial private and public forest ownerships in the U.S. forest sector. Salient findings from the literature are summarized in the synthesis of the literature, along with identified research needs.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlig, Ralph J., tech. coord. 2010. Economic modeling of effects of climate change on the forest sector and mitigation options: a compendium of briefing papers. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-833. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 169 p.
KeywordsClimate change, costs of forest carbon sequestration, nonindustrial private forests
- Forestry sector analysis for developing countries: issues and methods.
- Incorporating understanding of informal economic activity in natural resource and economic development policy.
- Effects of climate change on natural resources and communities: a compendium of briefing papers
XML: View XML