Skip to Main Content
A management guide for invasive plants in southern forestsAuthor(s): James H. Miller; Steven T. Manning; Stephen F. Enloe
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–131. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 120 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.0 MB)
Related Research Highlights
U.S. Forest Service Research Uses New Invasive Plant Phone Application
DescriptionInvasions of nonnative plants into forests of the Southern United States continue to spread and include new species, increasingly eroding forest productivity, hindering forest use and management activities, and degrading diversity and wildlife habitat. This book provides the latest information on how to organize and enact prevention programs, build strategies, implement integrated procedures for management, and proceed towards site rehabilitation and restoration. Effective control prescriptions are provided for 56 nonnative plants and groups currently invading the forests of the 13 Southern States. A companion book, “A Field Guide for the Identification of Invasive Plants in Southern Forests,” (Miller and others 2010) includes information and images for accurate identification of these invasive plants.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, James H.; Manning, Steven T.; Enloe, Stephen F. 2013. A management guide for invasive plants in southern forests. (slightly revised
2013 and 2015). General Technical Report SRS–131. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 120 p.
KeywordsAlien plants, exotic weeds, forest noxious plants, invasive exotic plants, invasive nonindigenous plants
- A field guide for the identification of invasive plants in southern forests
- Nonnative invasive plants of southern forests: a field guide for identification and control
- Linking wilderness research and management-volume 4. Understanding and managing invasive plants in wilderness and other natural areas: an annotated reading list
XML: View XML