Skip to Main Content
Ash, the emerald ash borer, and private forest land managementAuthor(s): Tom Crowe
Source: In: Michler, Charles H.; Ginzel, Matthew D., eds. 2010. Proceedings of symposium on ash in North America; 2010 March 9-11; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-72. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 5.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (38.66 KB)
DescriptionForest management through emerald ash borer (EAB) will be a dynamic process that will change based on the best information available at the time. Management decisions will depend on the anticipated time of EAB arrival; the diameter and number of ash present in the forest stand; the diameter and number of other desirable and undesirable species present in the stand (especially exotic invasives); the current and anticipated future ash markets; and, most importantly, the long-term economic and biological impact that the loss of ash will have on the residual stand in terms of future stocking level and natural regeneration.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationCrowe, Tom. 2010. Ash, the emerald ash borer, and private forest land management. In: Michler, Charles H.; Ginzel, Matthew D., eds. 2010. Proceedings of symposium on ash in North America; 2010 March 9-11; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-72. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 5.
Keywordsgreen ash, black ash, white ash, blue ash, emerald ash borer, Fraxinus
- Community ash densities and economic impact potential of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis) in four midwestern states
- Distribution of trunk-injected 14C-imidacloprid in ash trees and effects on emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) adults
- Intraspecific variation in Fraxinus pennsylvanica responses to emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis)
XML: View XML